Our front steps were crumbling and were dangerous. So, before winter comes we're going to redo them. Here are some before pictures and an in progress picture. The side walls have been poured. The steps should be done by Monday! (crossing our fingers!)
Thanks to my great neighboorhood friends, Mark & Bill, We now have tree boxes around the two trees in front of our house. They are so perfect! Now all I have to do is plant flowers in them. Any suggestions?
I know this is dorky, but I am so visual that we set out our tile for the back splash on the floor so I could see what the design would look like. Here's what we came up with. Hopefully, we'll get it up soon!
Our windows are finally finished...well mostly. The facade windows have been restored and the outsides have been painted. No more boarded up windows. Aren't they pretty! I love my house! Double click on the pictures to see them bigger....and be sure to leave a comment. Here's a close up of one of the windows that shows the detail.
When the window restorers (who by the way are incredibly slow) took out the windows from the upstairs guest bedroom to work on them in their workshop, they realized there were no headers. The windows were holding up our walls. That night some of the bricks (our wall is only made of bricks, 4 bricks wide) fell out. So, not only did Taylor have to build and install new headers, he had to rebrick and mortar the walls above the windows. Fun, fun!
On a side note, our window frames and trim are in, but the sashes (the glass part) isn't. The window openings are just covered in plastic. It's so nice to know the only thing stopping a burglar, the wind, and the rain is thin plastic! The boards that are in the picture below are gone...it's just plastic covering them now.
Just as most of the holes were repaired from a leak we think was coming from our upstairs shower when the door wasn't being shut all the way, another leak sprung. It ended up being the upstairs toilet. Taylor spent a large chunk of a Sunday fixing it...but the hole in the ceiling is still there!
Sorry it's taken me so long to post. Our kitchen still isn't finished, it's kind of on hold while in-laws are in town. Here are the pendant lights above the island and the new barstools. The pictures don't do the light justice. They're actually red...not so much this amber. We have the tiles for the backsplash, but haven't had a chance to start tiling. Please excuse the messy kitchen!
They finally finished our cabinets. They hung the one that will go above the fridge. They installed all the molding above and below the cabinets...and they put in the hardware! Now all we have to do (or Taylor has to do) is the lighting and a few other small things!
We finally got our countertops installed! I'm so excited. Tomorrow I will meet with our designer, Leigh Stoess, of Claudia's @ Stoess, in Crestwood. We'll work on designing the backsplash and maybe the window treatments and counter stools. I love it!!!!
Our kitchen cabinets finally got installed! Yay! They still need to come back to install the molding and the cabinet on top of the fridge. They plan to do that in about two weeks after the countertop gets installed. I can't wait!
Our top windows are being restored one at a time. Because they were so bad and we want them operable, they have to take the entire thing out to work on it. So, in the meantime, we have to board up the hole. Isn't it lovely!
The installers came today, realized the Home Depot designer had entered the measurements into the computer wrong and the cabinets won't fit. So, they have to reorder two cabinets narrower in order to make things fit. We don't know how long it'll take for them to get in yet. This is the most annoying thing ever. So far they haven't offered any compensation for the trouble. I hate them right now! So our cabinets are just sitting around.