Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Starting to get nervous again....

We heard the good news about the appraisal on Monday shortly after closing on 1st St. They said we should get the commitment letter that day or early Tuesday. Well, it's now Wednesday evening and we don't have it. Now the promise is tomorrow morning.

All this waiting is so frustrating! I hope to hear good news in the morning and get the keys asap! If we don't get it tomorrow, I'm afraid Friday is a bust because it's Christmas Eve. Then it's the weekend. After that, we only have 3 weekdays to move before we go to Indy for the wedding, then get kicked out of 1st St.

Good thoughts!!!!!

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Things are looking up!

We closed on 1st St. at 1o a.m. on Monday. Everything went off without a hitch. Luckily, the new owners have given us until the 1st to move out. So, that buys us a little time to figure out what our next step will be.

Very soon after our closing, we received the good news that the newest appraisal was good. (Albiet only $500 over our contract price. Pshew! That was close!) It's a Christmas miracle! So, the next step is to close on Coral. However, it seems that the seller's mortgage company takes a minimum of 10 days to get a payoff number. So, the closing will most likely be after the 1st. of Jan. The good news is we can likely get early occupancy and go ahead and move in before we own it. The owners have already moved out and are ok with the idea. Thank goodness!

So, the only thing we are waiting on now is the underwriters to review the loan & appraisal and give the ok to issue a commitment letter. Then the keys are ours! Please keep us in your thoughts & prayers. If all goes well we will likely be moving the day after Christmas. Lucky us!

Sunday, December 19, 2010

What is going on!!!

By now, you would think we'd be in our new house. Unfortunately, due to the new housing assesment rules/laws, we are in limbo. The house on Coral that we have been trying to buy for three months now, is no closer to being ours than the day we toured it.

We've already been through one loan process and the appraisal came in really low; way too low for the neighborhood. We tried appealing it, but the appeal process is a joke and it just goes back to the appraiser. Like he's going to say, "You're right, I did an awful job!"

So, the next step was to start the loan process all over again with a new company in order to get a new appraisal. (Apparently, the first company would only use the 1st appraisal, so doing another one with them was pointless.) So, we went through the loan approval process and have been waiting on the appraisal to come back for two weeks. Every day we get a little hope when we're told they expect it back today, but alas it doesn't come. So we wait to find out how our lives will change!

In the meantime, we close on the S. First St. house tomorrow at 10 a.m. The new owners are only letting us stay here until Jan. 1. So, between Christmas and New Year's taking up both weekends, we are supposed to find time to move. Not to mention, Taylor is a groomsman in a wedding for New Year's Eve in Indy. What the hell!!!!!

The only silver lining is that we have "The Condo" to move into as a temporary home. This is Taylor's parents Louisville place. They live full-time in Owensboro and only use "the condo" when they come to visit. We are so grateful!

The next few days should hopefully unfold a lot of information and we will be a little more clear about where we will be living long-term. Off to bed to dream of miracles!

Monday, October 11, 2010

We are moving!

I haven't updated this blog in a while, but I have news! We are moving.'s not to the house in the last post! That deal fell through. The seller didn't have the approval from the bank to do a short sale, so that really sucked. Anyway, we've been casually looking ever since and found a great fixer-upper in Clifton! I'm so excited to get a bigger house & be in a neighborhood that is more kid-friendly. On the otherhand, I'll be so sad to move out of this house we've put soooo much work into; out of this neighborhood where almost all my family & tons of friend live within walking distance.

As soon as we have a closing date and it's more official, I'll post pics. I probably will start another blog because we won't be on First Street anymore. We'll be on Coral Ave. I like the sound of that!

Talk to you soon!

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Our New House?

There's a small chance we will be moving. WHAT!!!
Well, we found this house.

It's huge and we think the same price as our current house will sell for.

We figure it's an opportunity we can't pass up. I'll let you know how this adventure progresses.

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Quilt Project Update

My latest quilt project, Quilt-along the road to spring, is coming along nicely.
Step one: Purchase fabric. Check!
Most of it anyway. I haven't purchased the backing, binding or batting, but the main stuff is purchased, washed and ironed. All ready to cut out!
This is my inspiration/starting fabric!
I can't wait to see how this progresses!

Monday, February 1, 2010

Latest Craft Project

This is my latest craft project: The chalkboard playmat. It is a play mat that you can bring to a restaurant or anywhere else that you need something to keep your kiddo occupied. One side is a chalkboard and the other is soft flannel. It rolls up for easy travel!
I made it for my friend's son, Anderson. He's a little young for it now, but he'll be ready for it soon, I'm sure. I was very pleased with how it turned out. So much in fact, I plan to make a few for my etsy site and see if Mama's Hip is interested in carrying them along with my other handmade baby items!